The Pontifical Athenaeum Sant'Anselmo establishes the Sant'Anselmo Award in order to stimulate scientific research and promote the publication of the best doctoral theses.
- The Sant'Anselmo Award is equal to an amount, to be established from year to year, intended to cover all the expenses for the publication of a doctoral thesis in the series Studia anselmiana.
- Can compete for the award of the Sant'Anselmo Award any doctoral thesis, discussed in the previous calendar year, provided that the evaluation of the written text has obtained or passed the mark of 9.8 out of 10.
- The contribution is awarded every year to the best thesis of the Pontifical Athenaeum Sant'Anselmo among the theses presented in the three faculties of the Pontifical Athenaeum Sant'Anselmo.
- A jury composed by the Rector of the Athenaeum, the Deans of the three faculties, and the members of the scientific commission for the series Studia anselmiana, will examine the works presented and will award the prize with irrevocable judgment.
- Nominations for the Award must be submitted to the Rector, accompanied by a written request for participation before January 10 of each year. The text of the doctoral thesis must be submitted by January 25.
- The Prize is awarded on the occasion of the feast of Sant'Anselmo, patron saint of the University, celebrated every year in April (for the date see Ordo Anni Academici of the current year).
- The final text of the doctoral thesis, ready for publication, must be delivered by June 30, under penalty of losing the financial contribution.